This instructor teaches a classroom of students respect and techniques, as well as being skilled in fighting arts and learning. Even if you are excellent at martial arts, you may not be a good martial arts instructor.
Traits and skills that a martial arts instructor should have
• Be in excellent physical condition
• Have a good relationship with people.
• A high level of patience
• Knowledge of martial arts
• Enabled in one or more martial arts fighting styles
• It takes time to learn the different techniques, so you may need to work individually with some students because they have trouble understanding the concepts and techniques being taught.
• There are some who can grasp directions faster than other students, but to be a great instructor, you must have the time and patience to work with struggling students to make sure they know the proper technique and correct form. They need to understand that each student is different and if a technique does not work, develop a new technique that is easier for them to understand and do.
• Have the ability to impose discipline and respect, but in a way that students do not feel that they are being looked down upon or threatened.
• Must be able to listen to the student’s questions, ideas, or suggestions without being dismissive and have the ability to answer questions in a way that the student understands.
• In order to have a successful relationship between the instructor and the students, it is necessary for both to respect each other.
• Must be in top shape, mentally and physically
• Have good character and work ethic
An instructor is responsible for training others. Many focus on teaching students of various ages, but there are some that teach only adults or children. They can also hold demonstrations or run workshops.
There are three requirements to become an instructor, in addition to having a love for martial arts.
• Here you must have a high degree of competition with a black belt rating at least. This requirement can be the longest and most difficult to meet. Obtaining a black belt can take at least two years, but it can take up to four or five years. It depends on the specific discipline plus how much time per week you have to train.
• Having the ability to teach martial arts skills and techniques to others is very important.
• Make good business sense because some may plan to open their own martial arts studio.