Without a doubt, the best way to grow personal is to read books. In the modern world, the impact of quality self-help / self-improvement books is unfathomable. In an age where a selective few are excluded, everyone else suffers the ill effects of stress-related complications, self-improvement books could act as life-saving drugs. These books would help us see things from a different perspective. The dark tones of life would suddenly appear gray and, when further explored, they would begin to reveal hidden colors in them.
For the most part, the solutions to our problems are hidden within us or in our environment. Self-improvement / self-help books point you in the right direction and help us find solutions.
These are the reasons why you should develop the habit of reading books for self-improvement.
1. Motivation: In real life, self-motivation is not always possible. Yet today, you must continually strive to perform better, whether you are a student or a professional. Self-improvement books act as a kind of motivating factor. Psychiatrists suggest that people start the day after reading a few pages of a motivational quote book on philosophy or self-improvement.
2. Inspiration: A few years ago, we got excited after reading the story of an IAS Topper, GKRonanki from Andhra Pradesh, who successfully passed the challenges posed by one of the toughest competitive exams held in India – the 2016 UPSC exams. III. However, this feat alone doesn’t make her story inspiring. GK Ronanki has accomplished the feat by fighting extreme poverty. He is the son of two poor farm workers in Andhra Pradesh.
Probably the best way to inspire a person is to highlight the real life stories of people who have endured immense hardships and won. Some self-improvement authors use this tool to rekindle the reader’s fighting spirit.
3. Encouraging quotes: “Talk to yourself once a day … Otherwise, you might miss meeting an excellent person in this world.” Swami Vivekananda.
Start a day after reading such precious quotes from the masters of the world of philosophy. In fact, many of us are in the habit of following this type of dating on the Internet. Reading even a single page from a self-improvement book on a regular basis could be even more helpful. The digital world is itself a source of physical and mental stress. Therefore, compared to a mobile or static device for accessing digital media and reading inspirational quotes, it is always better to have a good book by your side.
4. Release internal possibilities: Every human being is endowed with enormous and unique possibilities. It is only this that they remain buried under negativity, apathy, and disinterest. Self-improvement / self-help tips would help readers to unleash their inner possibilities and fulfill their aspirations by building goals of their own and encouraging them to improve their performance.
5. A different interpretation: A valuable self-improvement / self-help book would help you interpret your life in a different way. Not only would their views expand but they would also become more positive. Uplifting words will help you stay calm during an adverse situation. In fact, this is the fundamental concept behind leadership coaching.
6. Live outside your comfort zone: “The further you get away from yourself, the more challenging it is. Not being in your comfort zone is a lot of fun.” Benedict Cumberbatch
True words from the exceptional Hollywood hero. When you continually push your limitations further back, it is not only fun but it is the greatest test of your personal growth. Self-improvement appointments could help you overcome your limitations, enter your problem zone, and cultivate your inner possibilities to survive and thrive in this zone.
7. Develop interpersonal skills: Very often we come across people who are talented and hard-working, but surprisingly, when it comes time for promotions, people of lower parity would outperform them to take the rewards. This could even be the scenario in an organization where the most democratic and equitable hierarchical system is followed. So what could be the reason? It could be related to a person’s interpersonal skills.
We know the importance of quality and impactful communication skills in the business world. Self-improvement books would help you hone your interpersonal communication skills so that your career goals don’t fool you by this limitation of yours.
Realize your dreams through self improvement. Reading motivational books might be more helpful than you think.